While shooting the movie Source Code, Jake Gyllenhaal personally requested the use of only John Masters Organics hair products. Jake is incredibly gorgeous, rich and successful. He can use any products that money can buy and he chose to use John Masters products. If it is good enough for Jake, it is good enough for me!
About John Masters Organics
John Master Organics was started by John Masters in 1991 and since then has operated under the basic philosophy of being the “most organic, most natural product available on the market.”
Not only are all of the organic ingredients purchased certified organic by either EcoCert, Quality Assurance International, California Certified Organic Farmers, or Organic Crop Improvement Association, but products have to abide by the strict rules set by John Masters.
All ingredients must meet the following guidelines :
1. All products must be made with 70-100% organic content
2. No sodium lauryl sulfate, parabens, DEAs, MEAs, or TEAs
3. No GMOs (Genetically Modified Organism)
4. No petro-chemicals
5. No animal testing
6. No artificial colors, fragrances or fillers
7. All plant extracts and essential oils must be certified organic whenever possible
8. All essential oils used must be steam-distilled and not extracted with propylene glycol – which kills the effect of the oils
9. All plant oils must be cold pressed, not heat distilled – which kills the therapeutic properties of plant oils
10. All ingredients must be proven to be beneficial to the hair or skin
11. All ingredients must be harvested in an environmentally-friendly manner (wild-crafted)
12. All ingredients must be bio-degradable as possible
The brand takes care to treat the planet with respect and all aspects of the brand is true to that promise. All of the packaging uses the minimal amount of ink possible and is printed on 100% recycled and unbleached paper. By creating products that are biodegradable and packaging that is recyclable, you can rest easy knowing that what you put into the earth is as clean as Mother Nature intended it to be. Always natural, always earth-friendly, and always with your beauty and health in mind.